February 02, 2012

Suri's 5th Birthday Party {Austin Event Photographer}

I love doing event photography.  People put so much planning, love, and thought (not to mention time and money) into planning events for those they love, and I so enjoy capturing those memories on my camera for them to enjoy for many years to come.  

Recently, I had the pleasure of doing Miss Suri's 5th birthday party.  And oh, what a party it was!  I met Suri and her mom and little sister at the 4th of July Parade that I photographed in South Austin last year.  They were dressed to perfection that day in their red, white, and blue... and cutest of all?  Little red cowboy boots too!  (I used to have a pair of those growing up.)

Suri's mama put so much planning and thought into the party, and made it such a fun and memorable event for everyone who came.  The party included dressing up in princess clothes and shoes, choosing a hairstyle and getting their hair done, nails painted, makeup done, and it concluded with rolling out the red carpet (literally!) for a fashion show.  Is that cute or what?!

It made me want to be a 5-year old girl so I could play dress-up, too!  (My favorite dress-up game growing up was playing "Little House on the Prairie" on our farm when my friends came over.  I always had to be Laura.  Complete with lunch pail, braids, bonnet, and gappy teeth.)  :)

Here are some pictures from the evening.  The party was held at Snip Its in South Austin.  Cool place to have a party!