February 22, 2012

Austin Maternity Photographer {Mama-To-Be Meleah}

There is something so beautiful to me about maternity sessions.  I love making a mama-to-be feel comfortable in her own skin, especially since she's near the end of pregnancy - which is no easy 9 month task.  And it is such a cool time to remember through photographs, because pregnancy is such a miracle in and of itself.

It is like the start of a love story to me... A love story whose next chapter begins the first time a mother holds her baby.  There are no words to describe that feeling.

I enjoyed doing Meleah's maternity shoot last week in my studio space and capturing many beautiful images for her family to enjoy for many years to come.  Pregnancy is such a miracle, and it is so much fun for me to capture and freeze those "baby bump" moments in time for my maternity clients.  Because after the baby comes and grows so quickly into a little person, it is easy to forget about the pregnancy part.  And how magical it is having a life perfected by God growing inside your body - and falling in love with that life before that baby even takes its first breath here on this earth.

I know that I am in that "amazement" phase right now, as I am pregnant and this pregnancy might be my last (?).  Trying to savor every sweet moment (and powerful kick/punch) of my little miracle finishing her growth in my belly before coming into this world in a little over a month.

Enjoy the sneak peeks from our maternity session.  Meleah is such a beautiful soul, and is going to be such a wonderful mama to her little babe.  I can't wait to find out what she's having!  It's a surprise for even her.  And funny story... she and I are due on the exact same day!

The baby's nursery colors are brown and yellow, so I created this set up to work perfectly for big portraits hung on those nursery walls!


I am just loving the simplicity and cleanliness of a silhouette portrait.  There is something so powerful about it...  I feel like silhouettes really tell a story without even having to say a single word.