March 17, 2011

Interview on The Work at Home Woman

Here is my interview featured on "The Work at Home Woman" this month. I am so grateful for this site and all of the incredible tools, resources, and encouragement I have gained from it.

Can you believe my entrepreneurial journey started at a horse sale when I was a tiny girl in Iowa? I sweet talked my dad into buying me a rabbit (named Frosty!) for $1.50 and that is where it all began...

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your entrepreneurial journey.

I am a mother to a sweet 18-month old boy named Miles. I was born and raised in the Midwest and have lived in Austin since 2004. The entrepreneurial spirit has long been a part of me, as my journey began when I was a little girl and ran my own rabbit business in small town Iowa. (I sold them as pets, not as food!) I bought my first rabbit at a horse sale for $1.50 and had no idea that it would be the start of my business career!

I always knew that I wanted to be a mother and also that I wanted to work, but I had no idea how much of a struggle working a full time job would be once I became a mom. Being out of the house over 50 hours a week and trying to keep up with life, home, and family was simply not working. I knew I needed to make a change because I was slowly falling apart and my family (and myself) deserved more.

Click here for the whole article.