March 08, 2011

The Miles of Smiles Photography Difference - Part II


(Written on March 8, 2011)

Recently, someone asked me, "How do your services differ from the photography options that I have used in the mall?"

The words that instantly came to mind were time, creativity, and passion. (Read about my mall experience here.) Also, see part I of this series on "Time."

Creativity: One of the things I love most about photography is that it allows me to put my creativity to work in countless ways. I see a photograph in anything I look at... a baby, a tree, an old barn... a colorful ball of yarn... anything.  Photography allows me to put my ideas into action through my camera to provide people with a really cool and personalized experience and outcome that they get to enjoy for many years to come.  Photography is art... plain and simple.

I love shooting outdoors and using nature as our background, because Texas allows us to do that all year round! True... there are times where the black backdrop is best (like this!), but most of the time, we get outside and enjoy the beauty around us.

Passion: This is more than just my job... this is my dream, my passion, and my vision. Although Miles of Smiles Photography was officially inspired by my little boy, Miles, it started long ago when I was a little girl growing up on a farm in Iowa.

I truly love what I do, and even more so - I love what I am able to provide my clients. Their reaction to the photographs and experience that they receive is what continues to drive me. I feel incredibly blessed that this dream has become a reality, and cannot wait to see what God has in store for the rest of the journey.