March 22, 2011

The Hartman Family {Austin Family Photographer}

One of the best parts about being a photographer is the incredible and inspiring people and families that I meet along the way. The Hartman family is certainly one of those.

I love seeing how God connects his people. Although this family goes to my church, I hadn't met them in person until our photo shoot. I ended up connecting with them through a woman I met at a business networking event recently.

A little over a year ago, I remember sitting in church and holding little Miles. He was only a few months old at the time and was sleeping in my arms. They played a video of a family in our church who had experienced a very scary accident with their then 11 year old son, JD. Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked at the little boy sleeping in my arms and thought about how hard that situation must be for the Hartmans. Another reason for those tears was the incredibly moving story of their faith in God through all of it.

Last weekend, I had the honor of meeting the Hartmans and doing their family photos. It is so obvious the amount of love this family feels for one another. They have four beautiful children who were so kind and sweet toward me. And Beth said she was so excited, because they haven't had any family photos taken with all 6 of them since before JD's accident.

I love the way the photos turned out. They really demonstrate the love that this family feels for one another. (More photos will be posted at my "Miles of Smiles Photography by Sarah" facebook page soon.) Please note that the images below are compressed for the sake of upload time.









Here is the video I saw that day at church. And here is their family's story.


If you live in Austin, please mark your calendar and come out to the BBQ4JD event on Friday, April 29th from 6-9pm. There will be amazing activities for the kids, good BBQ, and much more. It is at the Circle C Child Development Center in South Austin.

Visit http://www.hope4jd.com/ and click on "Events" for all details.
I am beyond thankful for this journey that God has put me on with photography, and so blessed to come into contact with people like the Hartmans.