May 01, 2013

Miss Amelia's Cake Smash Cuteness {Austin Family Photographer}

Oh my, how I adore cake smash sessions.  Especially with sweet baby girls like Amelia, who has cheeks and "cankles" (chubby little legs flowing into ankles) rivaling my own baby girl's (who just turned one too)!!  What a doll Amelia is.

I first met Amelia when I did individual portraits of all 250 kiddos at a school here last fall (image below).  She was just a tiny thing back then, but so smiley, and with such long eyelashes.  Isn't she a precious little thing?



When her mommy contacted me to do a first birthday cake smash, I couldn't wait!  (She took advantage of my Cake Smash Special - click here.  Awesome deal, and there are still a few spots remaining! (as of May 1st, 2013.  Contact me for availability.)

The session was so much fun!  We started out with some regular portraits and the smiles were flowing.  Then, her mama put on a tutu that her friends had made her at her baby shower before Amelia was born.  And then we brought out the cake.  And smashed it.  The rest is history!


I love finishing up my cake smash sessions with a bath and bubbles, and so do the babies! 


 To Amelia and her mama: You gals were so much fun to work with.  Hope you love your images of your baby girl.  It has been fun watching her grow!