August 01, 2012

The W Family {Austin Family Photographer}

One of my favorite things about being a photographer is having the pleasure of watching families grow.  Watching a couple become first-time parents.  Watching their first baby become a big brother or big sister.  The love that grows in those situations is like no other. 

Being a mom of an almost 3-year old an infant, I know very well the anticipation of meeting your new baby, how you feel immediate and unwavering love toward that baby the moment it is laid in your arms, and how much joy little ones bring to your days.  I also know how much looking back on images of your tiny baby means, and how it continues to melt your heart years after their birth. 

I remember meeting Amy a few years ago and shortly after having lunch with her.  We were both new moms, both working full time at the university, and both starting our own businesses.  As we spoke, it was clear that our vision was the same... we were pursuing something we knew in our hearts was what we were meant to do - to have more time with our children in the future and run our own businesses.  It has been amazing watching her grow her business (Wolfgang Career Coaching) and most recently, watching her grow her beautiful family.  And it is neat to look back on that day we had lunch and know that we are both now living out that vision. 

I loved our session, and the sweet images we captured for their little family to cherish forever.  This, my friends, is why I do what I do.  To get portraits like these up on people's walls, and to get to have more time with my own little munchkins in the process.  So grateful...