June 05, 2013

A Gal and Her Pup {Austin Family Photographer}

I have always been an animal lover.  I suppose having a father who was a veterinarian didn't hurt that.  I used to raise my own pigs, rabbits, and sheep, and we also had horses (I was queen of the saddle club one year!), dogs, cats, ducks, and a lot of other random animals throughout the year.  I was quite the 4-H gal back in the day.

One of the drawbacks of living in a city is that you just don't have room to roam.  And I really miss that sometimes.  That is why it's such a treat to get to go back to Iowa every year and just roam around the farm.  It is liberating for me, but especially for my little ones.  There are tractor (or sled) rides, horse rides, lots of time getting dirty digging for veggies in the garden, and so much more fun.  Can't wait to get back there this fall!

Here is a fun mini-session I did with a gal and her pup.  Such a sweet duo.