May 02, 2012

Before & Afters... DIY Project: Fabulous Frame

I know it's a little strange to say "I had time to do some DIY projects the first few weeks after my baby was born."  But... I had time to do some DIY projects the first few weeks after my baby was born!  :)  Click here for a few other projects I have done recently. 

Thanks to my mom, that is.  She was here helping out for a month, which came in very handy!

I love my subdivision's once a year community garage sale.  There were hundreds of sales, and my mini-van and I hit the roads at 8am to scope them out.  Oh ya... and Miss Avah came with me.  4 weeks of age is a good time to start teaching your child the value of garage sale prices, right?

As I was about to head home, I saw this frame at a sale and had to pull over.  The guy had several frames similar to this, and some even much larger than this one (mine is big... 20x24).  I asked him what he used them for.  (They had corkboard and then fabric stretched over them... the PERFECT bulletin board for an office!)  He said he used to run a furniture business, and he had these professionally done so that they could use them for their design process.  Score!!

I knew in my mind that this golden hue would very quickly be replaced with my favorite turquoise color... "Peacock Feather."  It was only a matter of time... and now it is hanging next to my computer in my office - in all of its glory.  (It's covered in "to do lists" by now, but it is still glorious!)

Before...



After...