August 22, 2013

Sweet Mahlon {Austin Lifestyle Newborn Photographer}

I love lifestyle sessions.  Especially lifestyle newborn sessions, because I know as a mom of two Littles, there is SO much love, planning, crafting, shopping, and creativity that can go into creating your baby's nursery.  (And other rooms in your family's home, too.)  And it's fun to get some of that on camera when baby is just a tiny little thing.

And it is also fun to capture a family in their own element.  The B Family newborn session was one of my all-time favorites because we did just that.

I love how sweet Mahlon was... so tiny, new, and perfect.  And her big brother reminded me so much of my little Miles when his baby sister was born.  And don't even get the little Midwest farm-girl in me started about how excited I was when they said they had a red barn that we could use for some pictures too.

When this mama sat down with me at our ordering session, happy tears came to her eyes as she watched the slideshow of her images for the first time.  I love when the things I capture through my camera bring that emotion to a new mom, because that is exactly what I work towards when shooting.  We put together such a unique and fun order for their home, and I can't wait to get their fine art products and images in for this sweet family of 4 to enjoy for many years to come.

Enjoy a sneak peek into our lifestyle newborn session.















P.S. - After the three hour session, I was packing up my things, and Mahlon's daddy said, "Could you get your camera out for one more shot?  She loves laying on me when I'm laying on the couch."  (I thought to myself, "Yes and Yes!  And how awesome that this guy is asking me to take MORE pics."  Usually guys are cooked by then.)  :)  And this is the shot we got.  She absolutely loved curling up on her daddy.  Love, love, love!

To the B Family: It was so great working with the four of you.  What a sweet family you are, and I look forward to working with you again in the future and watching your family grow.  Enjoy every moment.