December 18, 2012

The B Family: Maternity & Newborn Sessions {Austin Family Photographer}

I got a phone call from Rachel about 3-4 weeks before her due date, and she said she realized last minute that she wanted to have maternity portraits done during this (her second) pregnancy.  She had them done during her first pregnancy, and realized that the second pregnancy needed some documentation, too.  :)  She took advantage of my Maternity + Newborn Session Combo discount, and away we went!

I know how much I love looking back at my maternity portraits.  Was pregnancy the most glorious or glamorous time of my life?  Definitely not.  However, once that baby is born and grows like crazy, it is amazing (!!) to look back on those images and realize where it all began.  And it brings back memories of how that sweet baby moved inside my belly, or the very first time I held him (and her).  (I do try to forget about the fact that my daughter didn't let me sleep through the night during the last 7 months of my pregnancy with her.) 

Pregnancy in and of itself is just a miracle, and the miracle continues with the birth of that tiny little newborn.  Above my daughter's changing table are a few framed maternity portraits on the wall, and I just love saying to her "Who is that in my belly?" as we look at them and she just smiles that big (almost) toothless grin of hers. 

I enjoyed meeting the B Family at the maternity session.  Little Andrew just couldn't wait to be a big brother and help care for his baby Sis.  (That reminded me so much of my own son when we were preparing for his Sissy's arrival.) 


And then I enjoyed seeing them a few weeks later once sweet little Paige arrived. 

Sweet Paige was an amazing newborn to work with.  She is one of those "dream babies" for photographers who just pretty much sleeps the whole time (with a little extra help from the environment I set up for the babies I work with).  I love how our session turned out, and love that her home now has images (and soon to include two beautiful canvas gallery wraps when they arrive) hung on the walls to remember this special time in their lives. 

To the B Family: It was a pleasure working with you.  Thank you so much for the sweet review (click here) of your Miles of Smiles Photography experience.  I look forward to watching your family grow and documenting it through my camera.  Happy Holidays to you!