June 27, 2012

Newborn Session Options {Austin Newborn Photographer}

I LOVE photographing newborns.  Maybe because it is the only time that a human will ever be that tiny.  Maybe because I adore watching a family interact with the newest addition to their family that they've been waiting to meet for so long.  Maybe because those sleepy little angels melt my heart. 

It is hard to believe my first newborn shoot was in January 2011.  Whoa have I come a long way since then! Newborn photography and posing is certainly an art and a science.  And I enjoy all that I am learning and able to portray through my images along this journey. 

I've spent countless hours studying up on newborn photography, invested in a lot of great props and posing items as well as several educational workshops, and I always challenge myself to continue learning as I go.  And this spring, I even had my very own newborn model to work with when I had my baby girl!  I tell you what... when photographers say newborn shoots are best within the first 2 weeks of baby's life, they aren't kidding.  Newborns grow and change so quickly after that point, (not to mention wake up a lot more) so it's great capturing images of them in their true state of "tiny."

I offer my clients two different types of newborn sessions, depending on what they are wanting.  (Sessions are the same price, but allow you to customize it to fit what you are wanting.)  Some people want a lot of images of just their tiny new addition.  While others really want images of the whole family interacting with the new baby, mom and baby shots, dad and baby shots, baby with sibling(s), and several shots of just the baby.  I love doing both types of sessions, and wanted to display some samples of what each session offers. 

OPTION 1: NEWBORN FOCUS - IN STUDIO: This session is focused 90% on the baby and 10% on the baby + family (or siblings).  We create a comfortable and laid back environment where you get to relax.  


OPTION 2: NEWBORN and FAMILY FOCUS: This session is focused 50% on the baby and 50% on the family. Some shots will be done indoors and others outdoors (if the weather is fitting). 



Don't these just make your heart melt?  The love that a family already has for a brand new baby is overwhelming in the sweetest way possible.  If you have any questions about my newborn photography and/or options, please contact me.