June 26, 2012

Freezing Moments in Time {Austin Family Photographer}

I think one of the things that makes me a good photographer is that I totally relate to my clients in a lot of ways.  For those of my clients with children, I very deeply relate to their desire to freeze little moments in time and somehow, some way SLOW down their babies growing up.  Even if just for a moment.  And I absolutely love that I get to do just that for my clients (and for myself) through my camera and lens. 

See my previous post for a funny story about how the pictures of little Miles below came to be.  They were almost a (very) lost opportunity, and now they will be in a canvas gallery on my walls for many years to come.  Along with his tiny baby sister (that looks barely anything like this because she's already getting so big!).  The beauty of photography... it's the only thing I've found where we really can freeze time.  Even just for one sweet moment.  And then we get to reflect on it (and have our hearts melt at the same time) for many years to come.

This gallery is going up on my walls in a matter of days.  Melt...