April 05, 2012

Before & After: Newborn Shot

My camera has been pretty busy the last almost two weeks since my daughter's arrival.  She is nothing short of amazing, and I am just in awe of her sweetness, and her older brother's sweetness toward her.

One unexpected (and welcome) surprise is how much time I've been able to spend editing her images.  A lot of people probably wonder where I find the time.  But if you've ever breastfed a newborn, you know how much time is spent doing so.  (If you want the math... 7-8 feedings a day x 30-40 minutes per feeding.)  And it just so happens (to my surprise) that the most comfortable nursing "station" in my home is my office chair!  And that allows me to edit while my sweet girl feeds.   (Once a multi-tasker, always a multi-tasker.)  :)

I wanted to show you something, just so no one thinks she has the most perfect, creamy, blemish-free skin like a little doll.  This is what photographers specialize in - in addition to creating your images... we spend a lot (a lot) of time editing them and making them perfect.  Enjoy this before and after...

Straight out of the Camera (SOOC)

After a little editing...