June 29, 2011

Colorado... Heaven on Earth - Part I

We've been back for a week and a half, and I'm just now getting to blogging about our little family vacation.  It was magical!

I don't know exactly WHAT part of our little family vacation to Colorado was the best part.  It is probably a tie between the following things.
  • Laying on a couch and reading a book (an actual BOOK!) at 2:00 in the afternoon.
  • Having five whole days to spend with my sweet boys.  Just them, me, and the beauty of Colorado.
  • Not having a computer anywhere near me for five days.  That. was. heavenly. 
  • Not having to worry about drop-off / pick up schedules and not looking at my daily planner. 
Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to be back in the swing of busy things... but that vacation was heavenly.  It just reminded me how important it is to truly "unplug" from our busy lives for a few days and completely focus on the things that are the most important to you.  And making new memories that we'll always cherish wasn't bad either!





 He got a new bear and named it "Colorado."