June 09, 2011

The Attitude of Gratitude

I was going through some old photos the other day, and came across this snapshot I took.  It was taken about 10 months ago.  And for me, it has such strong ties associated with it. 

It was taken on my son's first birthday as I had the day off of work and we were enjoying some time at the park in our neighborhood.  He had just learned to walk, and I was reminiscing on the journey of the last year that had taken him from birth to this day in the park.  I have always know that God has loved me, but when I became a mother and felt the love for my son, I understand God's love and plan for me so much more. 

And I remember thinking, "I wonder what the next year will hold for not only my son, but also for me."  I knew I needed to have a job that allowed me to have more time and energy for my son, and my current situation - although an incredible job - was just not fitting that puzzle of my life. 

So when I look at my life that day... less than one year ago - and look at my life today and the way that photography has become such a fun and exciting expression of my creativity, I am blown away. 

I think of all of the amazing families, babies, children, and couples that I have had the joy of serving with my photography, I cannot fight this feeling (and don't want to fight it!) of absolute gratitude. 

And a feeling of pure excitement for what is to come in the upcoming year. 

Thanks to all of my clients - past and future - for making me the luckiest girl in the world.  I truly have the attitude of gratitude.