June 04, 2011

30 Years Later...

I am a total fan of nostalgia.

When a client came to me and asked if I could recreate photos from 30 years ago of her and her father when she was about 2 years old, I said "ABSOLUTELY!"  This time, it would be her father and her daughter, who is almost 2. 

She wanted to give a photo session to her dad as a gift, and I couldn't wait to revisit the past, but also capture the very sweet present times as well.  What an incredible gift idea, and boy did he ever love the pictures!

Miss "E" and her "Pa" have a very special relationship, as I'm sure he had with his own daughter when she was 2.  They love to explore and just hang out, and they go to breakfast and get pancakes and grits every Tuesday morning.  It was very apparent from watching them (and Ma) interact that they share a very special love.

Here are a few shots from our day, as well as some of the original shots from 30 years ago.