April 06, 2015

Sawyer...12 Days New {Austin Newborn Photographer}

This little man was after my own heart.  I mean seriously... he was so good for our studio newborn session.  He started out wide awake, but once we were finished with sibling shots and got him comfy and cozy (and as his mom says, I became the "Baby Whisperer," ) he slept like a champ.

This session was a big one for me.  You see, I had been in contact with this family before little Sawyer was born.  When I checked back with them, she politely told me that they had decided to go with a cheaper photographer.  (Which by the way is totally fine... my price point is not for everyone, but it is what is required to make my business and studio run, to offer the quality images and exceptional products I do, to help support my family and full time work in it, etc.)

So when she contacted me a few days after Sawyer was born, I was a little surprised.  She emailed me asking if I had any last minute spots left, as the other session they scheduled did not go well.  Thankfully I had a spot to fit them in, and I am SO glad that we did.

At the session when I was shooting images of Sawyer in different setups, I remember his mama sitting on the couch with a big smile on her face and she said, "THIS is what I had hoped for... THIS is what I wanted to get out of a session."  And that right then and there just made my day.

Click here to read this Mama's testimonial / experience with Miles of Smiles Photography and why she decided to book a session with us.  (It is also below images in this post.)














From his mama: 
"My family and I moved to Austin from Chicago in July of 2014.  At the time, I was 4 months pregnant and had a 1 year old.  Along with finding new doctors, learning the area and just settling in, I needed to prep for our new arrival in December.  One important mission was finding a photographer that could capture all the precious moments of our baby’s first days.
  
I googled local photographers and looked on the Circle C Facebook page for recommendations.   I kept coming across Miles of Smiles Photography.  In this process, I had reached out to Sarah to open up dialogue and get more details about her services.  In the meantime, I found someone else that was willing to take pictures of our baby, needed the work, and was less expensive.  Well, let’s just say, you get what you pay for.  The moment the photographer left our home, I was in tears and immediately reached out to Sarah to see if she had any openings that week.  Luckily she did! 

We met with Sarah a few days later and I immediately knew we had found the perfect photographer.  Her studio was suited for newborn and family photography.  She had age appropriate toys and the temp inside was excellent for achieving the perfect pictures of our new baby.  I like to dub Sarah, "The Baby Whisperer."  She was able to position our son anyway she wanted and was able to soothe him to sleep within minutes.  We had also brought our 18 month son along to get a few sibling shots and she was so energetic and engaging with him. She really made us feel comfortable every step of the way. 

I am looking forward to working with Sarah for years to come and would recommend her to anyone."