April 17, 2014

I'm Back!

Wow... has it ever been a busy spring!  Since getting back from our Iowa trip less than a month ago, I've had lots of newborn sessions, family sessions, wildflower mini-sessions, my baby girl's 2nd birthday and party, a week long stomach bug, and lots of other fun stuff happening with the kiddos, my upcoming photography studio, and trying to balance it all so that I can get all of my work done and still squeeze in a few snuggles on the couch with my handsome hubby.

The kids and I enjoyed 7 days in Iowa visiting my family and we had so much fun on the farm!  I tell you what... I always loved that place, but watching the joy in my own children when they are there enjoying it really makes my love for it triple.

And I must admit, it is so nice for me to get out of the city, away from traffic and huge to do lists, and just "be" my old self every now and then.  But it's also nice to come back to our sweet little life here in Austin.  There are more houses (3,000) in my community than there are people (1,200) in my hometown!  It is the one place on Earth that I can say I actually feel young there.  So many wonderful childhood memories of raising pigs, horses, rabbits, sheep, cats, you name it... we raised it.

Here are some snapshots I took while we were there.