April 24, 2013

The M Families {Austin Family Photographer}

 L contacted me to do family portraits because her whole family (3 kids and their families) would all be in town together at the same time (which is rare she said), and she wanted portraits of everyone together.

I can understand this, because I live 18 hours from my sweet family, and we, too, are rarely all together at the same time.  And when we are, we try our darndest to get a picture.  (This usually involves us setting up some crazy distraction (near the camera) for the kids to look at and laugh at.  It also involves a whole lot of chaos trying to get everyone ready for a picture, lining us all up, and getting the shot.  But... what we have for the rest of the year to love and cherish is a pretty picture.  We forget about the chaos it took to get it!

She said they really wanted some bluebonnet pictures, so I scoped out a location, and away we went.  The only problem was that Texas decided to be a very (!!) cold and windy 40 degrees that morning (after being 80 degrees the previous days).  But we made it happen - shivers and all!  Because I knew these pictures were so important to this family, and because that 40 degree windy day just didn't allow people to be comfortable, I did another quick shoot for them at one of my favorite locations a few days later.  (When it was 75 degrees!)

Enjoy the cuteness of the M families.  I can tell they all have so much fun together.