November 07, 2012

Sweet Violet {Austin Newborn and Family Photographer}

As I sit here typing this with my 7 month old daughter sitting on my lap (how is she 7 months old already?!), I find that I am just such a sap for newborn sessions.  This one was no different.

Sweet Violet was ten days new when we did her portrait session, and let me tell you, her two big brothers were already so in love with her.  It was so sweet to watch.  It made me wonder if my two older brothers felt the same way when I entered the world way back when. 

What a lovely family of five they are, and what a pleasure it was to capture such sweet and special times for them to enjoy forever.  I have the best job in the world... freezing special moments like this in time and documenting the newborn tiny-ness that is over in a matter of mere days.  And then turning those sweet moments into artwork for my clients' homes.  I feel incredibly blessed to get to do what I love and work with such great people in the process.

Enjoy a little peek into our session.


Violet's mom had always wanted to have a portrait of her daughter laying on her wedding dress one day.  I love that we made that dream into something tangible that she can hang on her walls and something that will melt her heart for many years as she watches her sweet baby girl grow, and one day get married herself.