March 05, 2012

Mama Mondays: Countdown to my Cowgirl

On one hand, I cannot believe I am just a matter  days away from meeting my sweet baby girl face to face.  On the other hand, I feel like I have been pregnant for two years.  Do you feel me, mamas?  


My first pregnancy was pretty easy-breezy.  I was able to exercise throughout my pregnancy.  (I ran the fitness/wellness program at the University of Texas, so had a paid lunch break and access to all kinds of fun gym equipment just outside my office door.)  I slept pretty well other than a few weeks here and there.  I was tired, but had the ability to sit down on the couch every now and then and kick my feet up.  And then came the second pregnancy.  :)  (Again, do you feel me, mamas?)  


This time around, I worked part time at UT without a paid lunch break, much more limited workouts, did photography 20+ hours a week at all hours of the day and night and weekends, and had a very cute 2 year old boy to keep up with.  The last time I have slept through the night was 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant.  That was in August 2011.  Ouch.  When I tell people I am ready to have a baby so that I CAN sleep again, they give me a funny look, but it's true.  When I have her here, at least I can cuddle her and know we're on a path to sleeping again.  :)  I know she will be here before we know it, so I'm trying to savor every sweet moment of pregnancy, as it truly is a miracle and it could possibly be my last one.


My sweet friend, Jessica, was kind enough to come over to my house and studio set up spaces to snap pictures for me.  I prepared some detailed plans, set ups and samples, and she brought them to life through my camera.  So grateful to her, and so looking forward to doing her baby bump (she's having a girl too!) session in a few months. 

Here are some of my favorites... The countdown to our little cowgirl is on!!  (Click here for a cute story about the pink dress.)