January 22, 2012

Why Hire a Professional Photographer? {Austin Family Photographer}

One of the many things I love about photography and being a photographer is providing people with special images that they can cherish for many years to come.  Haven't we all said at one time or another, "Gosh, I wish I could freeze that moment in time."  We all know that our babies grow up too fast, and the beautiful thing is that through photography - we can freeze time, and I love that!

Or we've said, "I just can't get a good picture of my kid because he/she won't sit still long enough for me to do so."  Just another reason to hire a professional.  You see, we photographers have little tricks up our sleeves - and the right equipment - for making those moments still enough to photograph.

I know that children (especially ages 1-3) can be very hard to photograph because they are so mobile and busy.  (I have learned that very quickly with my own little busy boy, Miles!  Stay tuned for a blog post about a sweet (but challenging) Valentine's Day mini-shoot I had with him... coming in early February.)

I love capturing those little still moments for parents to enjoy.  I met the little cuties below at the "A Wonderful Life" event (click here) that I volunteered at in early December at my church.  I only had about 60 seconds to work with them, and as I did so, their mama mentioned that she's never gotten a good picture of the two of them together, and she has had to actually Photoshop them together in the past.  Well, with a little coaching and a new lady making them laugh (me!), we got these images for their mama in just about 60-seconds.  Imagine if we had a full 1-2 hour session together.   The little guys were just too cute!