January 08, 2012

Surprise on My Doorstep

I have to tell you, this dream of photography... the art form that it is... the incredible people I get to work with... It is all a bit of a dream sometimes.  (Although days like today when I'm working most of a Sunday doing "on the business" stuff and year-end things and a huge stack of receipts brings me back to a reality... a great reality, but definitely a "you run your own business" reality.  If only there was one Sarah to run the business and one to shoot and edit.  :)  One day...)

The other day, I was heading out of the house for something, and on my doorstep sat a cardboard box.  I looked at it and saw it was the address of a friend and client from Iowa.  She was one of my roommates for a year in college at good ol' ISU, and I did portraits with her sweet little family during my Iowa mini-sessions last October.

I opened the box, and what did I find?  The following letter and AMAZING gift.  I was just floored with excitement and appreciation, and reminded about the daily rewards that photography has given and continues to give me.

And her timing couldn't have been better... the bag I had been using for my shoots that is similar just had a strap tear at my last session.  :)  Thanks, Jessica!  Many blessings to you and your family this year...