January 23, 2012

Mama Monday: First Day at New School

I am going to start something new this year... and do some "Mama Monday" posts on, you guessed it, Mondays!  Here is today's.  Enjoy!

We have been SO incredibly blessed with Miles' daycare provider and teacher the last 2+ years.  She is not only an incredible teacher, but she is a true encourager, artist, and educator.  And as sad as we were to be losing her as his teacher, I couldn't be happier to know that she is now one of my dear friends, such an artistic help to my photography business (see that pretty banner at the top of this blog and at the top of my web site?  Thanks, Miss J!) and I couldn't be more excited for her to be starting her own family this summer with the arrival of her baby.  (He/she will be one lucky kiddo!)

So today was the day that little Miles started his new school. 

As I was getting Miles ready for his new school this morning, I couldn't help but think back to my first day back to work after he was born.  And HOW much he has changed since then.

I know we hear it all the time, "Kids grow SO fast."  But that statement is even more true than I ever thought it could be.  I cannot believe that just 2 and a half years ago, I was sitting at this same computer with little Miles in my belly.  And now he is such a big boy and such a fun, caring, funny, smart, and sweet part of our family.

Here is a pic from my first day of work when he was 10.5 weeks old.  (You can see a little redness in my eyes, because I had to sit in Austin traffic after 10.5 hours of being away from my baby for the first time and just wanted to GET home.)  :)


And here is a picture of his first day of his new school this morning.  He did great and loved it!  I am a proud mama...