March 31, 2014

Love Letters: The B Family (Part II)


From The B Family... Click here for Part I.  And click here for a Cake Smash SPECIAL we're running where you get a free Birthday Sign Board!

"When our daughter was born, we lived right around the corner from Sarah.  We were looking for a photographer that was close, affordable, and that took beautiful images.  In short, we wanted it all.  We were thrilled with the images from our daughters newborn session.  We left with treasured memories from a fun photo shoot and gorgeous images that our entire family has treasured- from great-grandmothers to grandparents, to our personal collection of family memories. 


While we were doing our newborn photo shoot, I saw pictures of Sarah's birthday cake smash photos and knew immediately that I wanted to have Sarah do our daughter's 1 year pictures as a cake smash.  The pictures on her blog steal my heart and beg to become artwork in your home.  I couldn't wait for our session!

Then, 6 months later, we moved to Dallas from Austin for my husband's job.  I was sad that we weren't going to be able to use Sarah for pictures, as I had been so looking forward to the cake smash.  I decided that I would be able to find a photographer closer to home that I would love just as much.

But I couldn't.  Don't get me wrong- there are tons of fabulous photographers in Dallas. But there is just something about Sarah's photography- it is truly her own artistic signature.  Each of Sarah's images is a work of art.  Every time we have friends or family over, they want to know the name of our photographer.  Not only does Sarah take a pretty picture, but she manages to capture the nuances, the personality, the tiny details of a child that only a parent would know.  Every picture from our cake smash session shows a different side of our little girl that I see daily, but that perhaps only lasts a brief moment.  


You know that moment when you think, "If only I had my camera to capture that little look"?  Well, Sarah gets it.  She captures the fleeting, brief moments that you wish you could hold in your heart forever. 

So that's why when our daughter turned one, we made the four hour drive to Austin to have Sarah do her cake smash session- so we could hold those precious images in our hearts, minds and hands forever.  Sarah's photography is worth the drive."