March 18, 2013

Sweet Paige {Austin Newborn and Family Photographer}

I love the fact that even though I live in a big city, it really is still a "small world." 

You see, I grew up in a small town in the Midwest.  It cracks me up when others say "I grew up in a small town" - and their town was 20,000 or more.  My town was 1,200.  See?  Small town.  And the older I get, the more I sometimes miss the simplicity that was "growing up in a small town."  But if there is ever a city I love being in, it's Austin.  So fun.  So colorful.  So unique. 

I got an email asking about my newborn portrait options, and when I called the client and got to know the her a bit more, we both realized that they had just moved into my friends' old house... just down the street from me.  And that friend was the lead pastor of the group I met my husband in over 8 years ago at church.  Small world! 

I love newborn sessions.  Not only do I get to capture the cuteness that is the tiny baby... But I also get to capture the love that the new parents have for their precious little gift.  I know that I look back on (and melt) every day when I see the newborn portraits of my daughter with us as a family of four, and just how much those images mean to me and will mean to me forever. 

Enjoy a peek into our session together.  You'd hardly know we had the vacuum cleaner running full blast for 30-minutes to get her to sleep, would you?  :)