July 29, 2011

My Second Baby... Miles of Smiles Photography {VIDEO}

As many of you know, photography has been a part of my life since I was old enough to hold a camera.  Thanks to my Grandma P. and my sweet mama for passing on their creative gene to me... I am so grateful to have received it, as I love creating things!!

Whether it be art projects, scrapbooking, making cards, having an idea in my head and materializing it through photography, or just doodling on paper... creativity is part of who I am.  And I could not be more grateful to be able to incorporate it into my daily life as I have through Miles of Smiles Photography.

Since I was 18, fitness has been my specialty and career, but I always knew deep within that it wasn't a question of if I would become a photographer... it was when.  I know that for the rest of my life, I will be specializing in family, photography, and fitness.

Isn't it funny how having a baby changes your outlook, perspective, and sense of urgency?!   When I became a mother to baby Miles in 2009, I knew that I needed a job that would allow me to have some brainspace left for being a good parent, a good wife, and basically a job that allowed me to see my child(ren) more than 1.5 hours a day.  And from those things, Miles of Smiles Photography was born!

The year 2010 was a huge one for me, as I was busy with all things baby, I was working a very demanding job that covered two positions, trying to balance home life, and starting my photography business.   But it was worth every late night (still is!), never ending to-do list, and every minute spent getting this dream started.

I began shooting sessions in October 2010... exactly 9 months ago.  When I made this video recently, I really felt such a strong connection to it... and to all of the beautiful families, children, couples, and individuals that I have had the pleasure of working with.  And I thought it appropriate that I release it at the 9 month mark... as this business is my "second baby."  (At least this baby didn't make me waddle, have weird cravings, or gain 30 pounds!)  :)

I hope you enjoy watching it, and that you are able to see the passion I have for what I do and the people I get to serve with photography.

There are SO many exciting things happening that I have been hard at work on.  New prints, products, and beautiful boutique frames.  Fall sessions are already booking quickly, and I couldn't be more grateful for my amazing clients than I am right now.

I cannot wait to see what God has in store for the next 9 months!

Every photograph tells a beautiful story.  What is yours?

(Make sure you have your volume turned up... this song will make you dance!  Video includes a slideshow followed by a video from me.)