July 12, 2011

The Making of a Portrait... The Red Chair

As you may know, one of my favorite things about photography is that it allows me to take an idea in my mind and materialize it in a portrait.

A few months ago, I scored this beautiful red velvet chair at a garage sale for just $15.  I was beyond excited when I saw it!  I have been waiting for a good time to use it, and Sunday was it. 

I was shooting a little somethin' (stay tuned!) in the park and the chair was with us.  As we were working, this sweet little guy was walking through the grass and caught my eye.  He looks so similar to my own little guy... with those big blue eyes, sweet cheeks, and curls in his hair.  I asked his mama if it would be okay if he was my subject in testing out the chair.

I would say he did just fine.  :)  How sweet is he?!