December 12, 2013

A Day in the Life...

You all know I like to take pictures.  :)

I was inspired by a great article in a photographer magazine awhile back, and decided that for one full day... from start to finish (as much as possible), I would photograph my day with the kiddos.  I took all expectations on clarity, composition, etc. off of my photographer-self and just shot.

I am so glad I did.  But I am not going to lie, it was a lot of (extra) work.  But oh-so-rewarding, especially now looking back on it.  And that was only a few months ago!  I can only imagine when they are 16 and 18 one day, these images will be even sweeter for me to look at.

My challenge for you mamas out there... capture a day on camera.  Have that camera in your pocket (or around your neck if it's a DSLR) and capture your day.  All of its sweetness, craziness, chaos, mess, and love.  And then make a little photo-book of it, put it on your book shelf, and melt every time you go through it in the future.  :)