September 16, 2011

Chair Re-Do

I have a love for finding junk and turning it into little treasures.  The only challenge with that these days is simply finding the time to make that transformation happen!

Meet Chair.  I got Chair at a garage sale awhile back - along with a little desk - all for $15.  Chair has been sitting in the garage along with many other pieces of my photography prop collection.  It was just a plain old chair.  So last Saturday morning, I got up and thought, "I am going to redo that chair.  Today."  And by the time I went to bed, it looked very different.

I am so loving this turquoise color lately.  I would probably say it's my favorite color of the moment and one of my faves of all time.  (Behr: Jamaica Bay)  In fact, one of the last transformations I did was converting a $20 Goodwill desk into a turquoise "creative work station" in my home office.  That is where all of the editing and processing magic happens!

Before... 

Sanded... 


I used the new version of Chair for the first time on Wednesday with Miss Charlotte, and can't wait to use it again this weekend!  
Cuteness...